This post may contain affiliate links
Many factors affect your health. Some you cannot control, such as your genetics makeup or your age. But you can make changes to your lifestyle. By taking steps toward healthy living, you can help reduce risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and other serious diseases.
A healthy lifestyle consists of :
- Healthy Diet- healthy foods that consists of fruits and vegetables, nuts, whole grains, deathly fats, and omega-3 fatty acids, and water intake of 8 glasses a day.
- Physical activity – 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous activity daily.
- Body weight – maintain a healthy weight. BMI (body mass index), which is between 18.5 and 24.9 to considered normal
- Moderate alcohol intake – drink in moderation or don’t drink at all.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Don’t smoke
- Protect yourself from too much sun
- get enough sleep everyday
Experts have suggested that the best way to help people make healthy diet and lifestyle change is at the large-scale, population level, through public health efforts.